Who does not like to go out for picnics, either for walking, swimming, or enjoying the warm sunshine?
Of course we all need that, so there is nothing wrong with exposing our bodies to a little sunlight to benefit from it in the process of generation of vitamin D that is necessary for the health of our bodies. But over exposure to the sun for long periods of time, may be the cause of many problems in the skin, such as wrinkles, exposure to burns, or even the risk of skin cancer!
For this was the need to put on a sunscreen, which works to protect the skin from the sun. But what is the best sunscreen to use?
Do not worry, dear reader, and do not search much. We have the answer in this article about the best natural sunscreen for your skin that guarantees the best protection from the sun.
What are the benefits of sunscreen?
The skin is one of the main organs of the body to protect it from germs and regulate its temperature, and the ultraviolet rays may pose a great danger to the skin, so it must be provided with sun protection by using a sunblock cream, which provides many benefits that include: –
- Reducing the signs of aging
Exposure to sunlight without protection can damage the skin’s collagen, causing it to lose its elasticity and produce wrinkles due to the sun.
Therefore, to prevent the appearance of these wrinkles, it is necessary to use a sunblock cream.
- Reducing spots in the skin due to the sun
Exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays can also cause sun spots. These spots are caused by hyperpigmentation and usually appear on flat areas of the skin in the form of a change in skin color, which may be different shades of brown.
Sunspots may appear in the following areas of the body:
- the face.
- The arms.
- the back.
- the top of the hands.
- Protect the skin from sunburn
Excessive sun exposure or exposure to ultraviolet rays (such as tanning beds), without protection, can lead to a painful burn.
Sunburn usually takes a few days or more to heal, so it is always necessary to put on sunscreen, even on cold and cloudy days. Where the sun’s rays in winter are more harmful than in summer.
- Reducing the risk of skin cancer
One of the best ways to reduce the risk of developing skin cancer is to use a sunblock cream. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, but the higher the percentage, the better the protection from UV rays.
Types of sunscreen
Sunscreen has a sun protection filter that absorbs or reflects the rays.
That is why sun protection cream is divided into one with a chemical sun protection filter, and another with a physical sun protection filter.
To know the action and composition of each of them, we need to know the types of sunlight. Where the sun’s ultraviolet rays are divided into three types classified according to the wavelength into: –
These long-range rays represent about 95% of the UV rays that reach the Earth’s surface, and they have a relatively long wavelength that can penetrate the deeper layers of the skin.
It tans the skin, contributes to the appearance of wrinkles, and may be the cause of the development of skin cancer.
The atmosphere partially blocks this type of UVB rays, which are unable to penetrate deeper than the surface skin layers.
May contribute to skin burns.
Short wavelength ultraviolet (UVC) rays are completely blocked by Earth’s atmosphere. There is no worry of being exposed.
We find that each type of sunscreen works as a protection filter from a specific type of these rays, and we may find a type that includes a filter that protects from the sun against all types of its rays.
It works as a sun protection filter by penetrating into the layers of the skin, and it absorbs UV rays before they reach the layers of the skin and damage them.
It contains the following ingredients: oxybenzone, avobenzone, octisal, octocrylene, homosalate, and octinoxate. These materials do not leave a white residue on the skin, but those with sensitive skin may avoid using them.
This sunscreen works to protect the skin from the sun by reflecting and dispersing the sun’s rays.
Contains zinc oxide or titanium oxide. This sunscreen is often opaque and noticeable when applied to the skin.
This type is an excellent choice for sensitive skin and is classified as less toxic than chemical protectors. Not to penetrate into the skin.
Tips when choosing the best sunscreen
- You should choose a sunblock that provides both UVA and UVB protection from the sun’s rays, for multiple and broad-spectrum protection from the effects of the sun’s rays.
- It is advised to choose a sunblock with a sun protection factor (SPF) higher than 30. The protection factor of 50 is very suitable when exposed to the sun for long periods.
- It is advisable to always search for the word waterproof when choosing sunscreen. Dermatologists recommend a sunscreen that will remain on wet or sweaty skin for a while before it needs to be reapplied. The water resistance lasts for 40 or 80 minutes; This provides more protection from the sun, especially when swimming or heavy sweating.
How to apply sunscreen
To get the best protection for the skin from the sun, the following is recommended:
- You should apply one ounce of sunscreen – the size of a golf ball – to every part of your body that is exposed to the sun, including your ears, your feet, and the back of your neck.
- Apply sunblock half an hour before going out. To ensure that your skin absorbs it.
- needs to renew the sunscreen; The sunscreen fades after only a few hours. So, be sure to apply it every two hours. Especially in swimming situations.
Are there side effects when using sunscreen?
Despite the benefits of sunscreen in protecting the skin from the sun; However, it may be accompanied by some side effects, which vary from common to rare.
Common side effects:
- Dry and tightened skin.
Side effects that are rare
It is considered rare, and it is not necessary to happen together, and it includes: –
• Feeling of burning or itching on the skin after applying sunscreen cream.
• Some types of sunscreen can cause acne.
• the appearance of a rash.
But do not worry, dear reader, you will avoid the occurrence of side effects with our best natural sunscreen from Dermalicio Sunscreen Shade 50+
Why is Dermaliscio the best sunscreen?
Dermalicio Sunscreen Shade is the best natural sunscreen, extracted from natural plants, which has many advantages that make it better than other sunscreens.
Where it is characterized as: –
- He holds a certificate of dermatologists.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Fragrance and alcohol free; This is a suitable option for people with sensitive skin.
- Free of artificial colors.
- Paraben free.
- Does not leave irritating white marks on the skin.
- Easy to apply and waterproof
- It contains chemical and physical filters that ensure high protection from the sun’s rays.
- Features a high sun protection factor (SPF) 50+
The active ingredients in Dermalicio and sunscreen
- Ariodictyon californicum extract (Eriodictyon californicum)
This extract is rich in flavonoids and tannins, which have antioxidant properties against UVB rays, and soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin E
It has antioxidant properties; It protects against free radicals that cause aging and wrinkles due to the sun.
- Extract of pisum sativum (Pisum sativum)
As this extract stimulates the manufacture of collagen, elastin, glucosaminoglycans, and chondroitin, which are among the most important components of the skin, which contribute to the thickness of the skin, giving it more strength and flexibility.
It is recommended to apply it before exposure